[Wolves] Streaming to Icecast

James Turner james at turnersoft.co.uk
Sun Dec 4 14:51:36 GMT 2005

On Friday 02 Dec 2005 00:02, chris wrote:
> I've just spent the better part of the night trying to find a simple way
>  of streaming to a remote icecast server using a GUI.
>
> Anyone had any success with this whilst using Ubuntu. I have to point
> out that the crappy ALSA drivers from my Soundblaster live 24bit does
> not support line in.

Not as such. Nearest I've used is icecast+liveice on Red Hat, both of which
console/curses-based user interfaces. (GUIs probably available too from third
parties, I expect.) This was for live audio streaming as MP3, which of course
needs a working audio input to the computer :)

What do you need to know? How to do it (generally) or are you having a
specific problem?

Regards,

James