[Wolves] Is the NHS seeing sense at last?

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 10:26:57 GMT 2005

We've all heard of the millions wasted on rubbish computer systems
within the NHS.  I think every NHS workstation I have seen - I've been
to a few hospitals for various reasons - has been running some form of
MS Windows.  The cost of the licensing up and down the country must be
tremendous even allowing for bulk deals with Microsoft.  Well, how
about this little bit of good news on a Thursday morning?  Follow the
link for full 'official' story of the NHS moving over to open
source..... not just open source but Linux as the OS.

http://tinyurl.com/boy9x

Savings of at least £75 million have been forecast which has to be
good news.  This should be shouted from the rooftops :-)
Take care this Xmas.  PLEASE DON'T drink and drive.
Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

34 Hill Street
Cheslyn Hay