[Wolves] Re: The Open Source Development Paradigm

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 18:11:07 GMT 2005

First, thank you Woo for putting me straight on Abiword, I can use it
with more peace of mind now :-)))

Body scanners?  I think they probably run with a bespoke OS possibly
Unix based but certainly not anything by Microsoft and they never have
been.

As for the incompatibility with MS documents... that's the whole
reason behind the push for the open document format.  Waht happens in
20 years time when a document needs to read that happens to be in Word
97 doc format?  MS Office 2020 doc format has changed to such an
extent that it cannot read the Word 97 format anymore.  It could and
probably will happen.  Whatever you feelings regarding MS versus open
source the open document format is most definitely the way to go.  MS
are part of the consortium writing the open document format by the
way...but they don't want to implement it in the next version of
Office???????
Take care this Xmas.  PLEASE DON'T drink and drive.
Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

34 Hill Street
Cheslyn Hay