[Wolves] Live CD anybody?

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 15:45:48 GMT 2005

Could anybody recommend a live CD distro based upon the Knoppix
system?  The standard one at the official Knoppix site will not fit on
a CD, it needs a DVD.  I seem to recall some projects running up to
date kernels using Knoppix as the core system but a bit smaller.  I'm
stating a preference for Knoppix over the Ubuntu live CD because I
need a bigger hardware database.  It's not for me it's a friend who is
having sound troubles with a PC using Windwoes.  I have a gut feeling
that it is not a hardware issue but a Windwoes driver thing.  I have
persuaded him to try a live Linux CD in the hope that it a)shows off
Linux and b) proves the problem one way or the other.
Take care this Xmas.  PLEASE DON'T drink and drive.
Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay
Staffordshire