[Wolves] Live CD anybody?

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 21:14:29 GMT 2005

On 22/12/05, Bobby Singh <bs_wm at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > Of course, Mepis.
>
> Mepis is ok as you have all plugins, codecs etc
> working out of the cd.  But can be very slow boot-up
> wise and the desktop.  Even if you install its slow.
> This may put your mate off.
>
> You know you can try DSL, it is about 50mb.  (there is
> way of multisession the cd, try
> http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/f/topic-3-26-9567-0.html)
> This may impress your mate.
>
> If want DSL its small download or arrange to give you
> one.
>
> Cheers
>
> Bobby

Cheers Bobby.  The main reason for getting Knoppix was purely for it's
hardware support which is infinitely better than DSL.  I've got
probably most of the Live CD's here at home.  I just needed it so my
mate could download it at his house.  Living in Windsor it's a bit far
for me to go just to try a live CD for him :-)  The one and only
reason - at present - was to ascertain whether he had a working sound
card or not.  I was going to push the benefits of Linux after this
little demo.

Now, so far he's downloaded one iso.  There seems to be a problem with
though.  It shows him the pic of Tux in the top left hand corner and
states that it has found the compressed Linux image.   That's it.  It
goes no further.  So, I have the feeling that he may have got a dud
iso or his burn did not go correctly.  He's downloading again and
burning another copy as I type.  Fingers crossed.

Take care this Xmas.  PLEASE DON'T drink and drive.
Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay
Staffordshire