[Wolves] Linux in schools

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Feb 1 09:31:04 GMT 2005

On Monday 31 January 2005 17:43, trog wrote:

> At Handsworth Grammar (where we run open source) the kids are very
> committed to Stickcricket and Kingsofchaos.  We can't keep them off the
> boxes (even though they do complain the Linux is crap).

To be honest I don't care if they run Linux, Windows or Mac I just think the
kids are suffering through the lack of exposure to what has become a standard
piece of business equipment.

I don't really want to get into the "Teachers work really hard" debate but
from what my daughters tell me its all down to supervision, some scutter kids
have been deliberately yanking the keys off the keyboards drawing on them and
one kid deliberately put a floppy disk in with a virus on it.

It would appear the easy option has been taken and a blanket ban on everyone
has been imposed, why save the hand when you can cut the whole arm off!

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.
peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk