[Wolves] OpenLDAP troubles

Simon Burke simon.burke at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 13:26:28 GMT 2005

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 13:19:38 +0000, David Goodwin <dg at clocksoft.com> wrote:
> Simon Burke wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm currently installing open-xchange (lovely, not). Anyway my slapd
> > daemon wont start it come up with the error:
> >
> > Feb  1 12:42:16 linux slapd[3479]: slap_open_listener: bind(6) failed
> > for AF_INET6, address: ::, port: 389 errno=98 (Address already in use)
> > Feb  1 12:42:16 linux slapd[3479]: slap_open_listener: bind(6) failed
> > for AF_INET, address: 0.0.0.0, port: 389 errno=98 (Address already in
> > use)
> > Feb  1 12:42:16 linux slapd[3479]: slapd stopped.
> > Feb  1 12:42:16 linux slapd[3479]: connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.
> >

> > Does anyone know how i can fix this assuming that i know nothing about
> > ldap (which i dont)
> >
> > I will be very greatful to anyone who can help me.
> >

> killall -9 slapd
>
> (I suspect it's telling you that there is a slapd already running)
>
> slapd is evil :)
>
> Good luck with OpenXchange... i found it quite useless unless you want
> to use the web interfaces
>
> David.

I'm starting to feel like giving up here.

slapd is unfortunatly not running after doing a ps-aux and trying your
suggestion just incase its definatly not running so thanks for the
suggestion, but im gonna have to keep looking :(

I've noticed that it is a wee bit web biased, ie and of course the web
cal donest work in outllok but does with sunbird, and sunbird cant
register to it online cuz of the damn proxy. trypical.

--
Theres no place like ::1

Thanks,
SimonB