[Wolves] OpenLDAP troubles

David Goodwin dg at clocksoft.com
Tue Feb 1 17:24:51 GMT 2005

Simon Burke wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 13:26:15 +0000, Simon Burke <simon.burke at gmail.com> wrote:

>>>killall -9 slapd
>>>
>>>(I suspect it's telling you that there is a slapd already running)
>>>
>>>slapd is evil :)
>>>
>>>Good luck with OpenXchange... i found it quite useless unless you want
>>>to use the web interfaces
>>>
>>>David.
>>>

>>I'm starting to feel like giving up here.
>>
>>slapd is unfortunatly not running after doing a ps-aux and trying your
>>suggestion just incase its definatly not running so thanks for the
>>suggestion, but im gonna have to keep looking :(
>>

> Well I've made a little progress, it starts but i cant addusers using
> open-xchange script (adduser_ox) it comes back stating ERROR: LDAP
> CODE 32
> see LDAP log for Details.
>
> The first problem is that my ldap log is empty. thers nothing is
> messages nor syslog.

Have you initialised your LDAP database? The howto for Debian was pretty
good (although not totally finished, when I used it).

There are SLOX example schema somewhere, which you'll almost certainly
need to edit before you can use (unless you want to belong to example.com).

I suggest you install phpldapadmin too, it's a useful tool.

David.

--
David Goodwin
w: http://www.clocksoft.com