[Wolves] ssh for eedjits?

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 1 23:13:30 GMT 2005

 --- Paul Harrison <milboromailings at blueyonder.co.uk>
wrote:

> ...but I gather there is a lot more to this.  For
> example, can I do
> VNC-style stuff?  If so, how?  I'm keen to be able
> to do this from
> web-based clients or from programs on my wonderful
> USB HDD, so I can
> look at files, do things remotely, etc, pref from
> GUIs rather than CLIs.

http://www.uk.research.att.com/archive/vnc/sshvnc.html

Woo posted this here a while back and I still haven't
had chance to take a good look at it. Not sure if it's
an eedjits guide though...

> I have no
> intention of using Mr Gate's bright & shiny MSN
> Search.

I took a quick peek at it and all I saw was one big
Flash animation and I won't install Flash because it
irritates the fsck out of me. Somehow I don't feel at
a loss...

Ad

=====
--