[Wolves] net security

Simon Burke simon.burke at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 15:32:28 GMT 2005

Hi,

I got this server running pretty well except for ldap but i've got NIS
working so sod it to be honest.
Anyway, This server has been up for about 24hours and already I've
been portscanned and DOS'ed seveeral times and it has been involved in
the WIndows master browser delgation for a company i never even heard
of.

Mind these are the days where you cant setup windows xp while online,
or you would be riddled with spyware and viruses (last time i did so i
had 452spyware and around 100 viruses, and that was just while setting
it up.

--
Theres no place like ::1

Thanks,