[Wolves] SuSE and more odd stuff...

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 5 09:30:51 GMT 2005

 --- Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have found something very interesting in the
> manual.  Apparently
> there is a new 'improved' method of setting
> permissions.  Ah, ha, I
> think.  Perhaps it is this that is messing up the
> standard
> permissions?  Of course the big problem is that I
> have been landed
> with a massive report to write and I 'have' to
> concentrate on that
> over the weekend :-(((((  oh, frustration,
> frustration....
>
> --
> Take care.
> Kevan Farmer

When I had the problem with K3B re access to the cd
burning device, although it did not come under the
support they gave, SuSE's advice was to enable the
user permissions. If you go to YAST>Edit and Create
users. There should be only you listed. There is a
button under password called "details". Click on this
button and then you will see a long list of check
boxes on the right hand. make sure the relevant check
boxes are checked. Also when you are on the main
"create edit users" window there are a number of
security settings that you need to allow yourself to
gain extra privilages. These are the extra security
measures there are in 9.2.

HTH

Mo