[Wolves] SuSE and more odd stuff...

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 17:07:44 GMT 2005

Right then, further updates so far.  I have bitten the bullet and gone
into YAST in order to repartition and reformat the second hard drive.
It all went well and I was hopeful of a resolution to the problem.
Sadly no.  It is still the same despite letting YAST handle the
procedure.  Now I really do believe that there is a fault in the way
things are configured.  I also think I have found the crux of the
problem.  The drive itself is set as writable, In the properties for
it - when I am logged on as 'kev' or normal user - owner says kev and
group says users.  But when I check the actual mount point it is owned
by root and the group is root.  I cannot change the ownership even
when logged in as root. Strangely, SuSE initially offered the mount
point as /mnt in the options when I was setting the drive up.  It
would not accept it as the drive is formatted at FAT32 - it has to be
as it is meant to be swapped between a Windows tin and this Linux one.
  The mount point is now /local

I feel that the only thing I can now do is wait and see what SuSE say about it.
--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street