[Wolves] Anyone used WINE on either FC3 or SuSE 9.2 Pro?

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 15:18:41 GMT 2005

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 14:09:56 +0000, Helen Randle <helen.randle at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 00:07:32 +0000, Tim Humpherson
> <tim.humpherson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Has anyone used WINE on their Linux?  I am not that bothered about M$
> > softwares (not OS) but there are some Windows softwares, such as Learn
> > Maths for my daughter...  well these softwares would be great if it
> > also works under Linux.
>
> I've used WINE for quite a while now. It seems to work with most of
> the applications I ask it to. The only thing I've come across that it
> doesn't like is my family tree software.

Is that Family Tree Maker for Windows perchance? Probably doesn't work
because it relies heavily on IE based libs. If you can stump up for
Crossover, get IE working you'll probably find FTW works also - I have
not tested this theory though :S

I use Wine every day to run nasty apps like Lotus Notes client, and
have used on RedHat, Debian and Ubuntu.

Cheers,
Al.