[Wolves] RSS in Thunderbird help

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Wed Feb 16 19:40:44 GMT 2005

baza wrote:
> I'm trying to get an RSS feed into Thunderbird on my Hoary box. It will
> download the new messages fine, but when I try and view the page I get
> the message cookies not enabled on your browser. I've had a look but I
> can't work out how to 'turn them on'.
>
> Advice??

Firefox supports rss feeds, try using it (or one of the other clients
out there)

Thunderbird is a bit of a mixture of an email client with partial web
browsing abilities (e.g. for viewing rss feeds or html email). For
instance, I can read Aqs blog, and see the form for posting a comment,
but if i try to post a comment it just doesn't do anything; or as a
subscriber to LWN.net I find that I can't view subscriber only content
from thunderbird (I suspect that it and firefox don't share cookies)

thanks,

David.