[Wolves] Web Site

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 14:52:13 GMT 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:23:37 +0000, Peter Cannon
<peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:

> I hate jpg the minute you re-save an image it gets crud all over it the image
> looks smudged or dirty. To be honest it wasn't until I got involved in Linux

Ah, that might be because you are compressing an already compressed
(or should I say depleted) file.  jpg files are lossy format, they
have irrelevant bits taken away.  The highr the compression level the
more of the erm, irrelevant bits are taken away.  So, it's a really
bad idea to resave a jpg file.  If you need to work on it then it is
always best to use the raw file or original if you can.  That
explanation is very basic because I only know the basics.  But, I hope
it is of some assistance.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer