[Wolves] Suse 9.2

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jan 4 10:26:50 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 04 January 2005 10:14, Kevanf1 wrote:

> I've had exactly the same - modem trouble - happen to me with SuSE
> more than once.  Problem is, I cannot for the life of me remember how
> to sort it out :-(((  DOH!!!!!  I can recall going into the settings
> through KDE.  I think I lengthened all the time outs....but we all
> know what thought did.
>
> If it comes to me I'll post it up here.

I sorted it out last time by reverting back to the 9.1 version of Kinternet
but then wvdial did work under 9.2 but this refuses to work now.

This is a classic case of failure to meet everyones needs and ASSUME

ASS-out of-U-and-ME

Me thinks Suse Assume every man and his dog has Broadband/ISDN if you look on
the Suse Portal support pages they state that they no longer support wvdial
and other (in their view) low grade diallers.

Trouble is this is the most important feature of 'any' operating system if you
cant connect to the Internet you might as well get an XBox instead and youd
be surprised at the amount of people who still use dial-up.

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.
peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk