[Wolves] Suse Pro 9.2 AKA Mo killed my Modem

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Jan 8 19:49:51 GMT 2005

On Saturday 08 January 2005 15:54, Mo Awkati wrote:

> If you go to control center and sound and multimedia
> then sound systems and or audio cds the sound daemon
> comes on. To get the sound speaker in the system tray
> got to multimedia then sound control.
>
> Glad modem works. Its amazing people think that Linux
> is the only OS with hardware problems! MS is full of
> it, it just people have grown to accept problems and
> usually put it down to the computer, "Oh its playing
> up again" and nine times out of ten its MS and not the
> PC.
>
> hope this helps

Got the Modem to work under XP and Suse, sound refuses to work although if I
plonk an audio cd in the drive lovely sound just cant get system sounds, they
are switched on.

One last problem and I'm sorted the stupid thing wont power off, it shuts down
then I have to press the on/off button.

This must all relate to the new Motherboard as I didn't have this trouble
before.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon