[Wolves] Eductional Games

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 10 18:43:09 GMT 2005

 --- Katherine Goodwin <kat at codepoets.co.uk> wrote:
> Have you found any good educational games /
> drawing packages etc
> for around that age range (she is very bright)?

My 5 year old niece loves TuxPaint, there is an extra
templates package for more stamp images which makes it
more fun. It might be a bit simplistic if she is
bright though.

I think TuxType is cool as a typing instructor but
I've only looked briefly.

Ktuberling is a Mr Potato Head game for KDE (meaning
you have to enable universe and install KDE etc for
Ubuntu) which is pretty cool but not particularly
educational, maybe has some mouse coordination value.

I think there is a Debian-Junior (sic) package or set
of packages that should be available in Ubuntu or in
universe, but I'm not too surewhat it entails.

Ad

=====
--

http://www.drinky.org.uk