[Wolves] Bluetooth & Mobile phone

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jan 11 13:22:09 GMT 2005

Hi All

Anyone any good at Bluetooth?

I know nothing at all about it!

I have a new toy, Motorola V3. I have installed all the Bluez rpms on my
fedora Laptop and I have 3CRWB6096 PCMCIA Card.

I have spent the morning with Mr Google and supposedly the card will work
under Linux but most talk about patching the Kernel which I don't know how to
do plus I'm a bit dubious about the patches I've looked at as they have URLs
buried in them.

1. Do I have to add the card under network services or is it detected
automatically? Ive looked at the network wizard but I don't think the card is
in the list plus it looks more like a wireless network rather than a
Bluetooth device.

2. When I start the program Bluetooth Manager (Bluez) I get
'Could not find devices on system make sure your adaptor is plugged in'

3. The light on the card is on so power/communication is going to the card.

I'm a complete moron when it comes to mobile phones but I can use the V3 as a
modem via Bluetooth which will be great for this Laptop as, at the moment,
the only way I can get it on the Internet is from works network.

I know everyone hates it when someone ask "How do I do it" but can someone
take pity on me and 'Tell me how to do it' :-)

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.
peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk