[Wolves] printers

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Tue Jan 11 22:41:01 GMT 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 22:29 +0000, baza wrote:
> "Guess what... I've got ANOTHER problem.  I can't find a driver for my
> Lexmark X85.  Is there a secret stash of them on the internet
> somewhere?"
>
> I got this from a friend who I'm converting to GNU?Linux. Can we help
> her?
>
> Baza

I have one of these gathering dust as I couldn't find a driver, however
it appears there is now a foomatic driver which works.
<http://www.linuxprinting.org/pipermail/lexmark-list/2004q2/002536.html>

This could be a double-edged sword as lexmark in is way too expensive,
about 50 quid for a pair of carts for the X85 and very hard to get
re-manufactured carts.

--
Ron Wellsted
http://www.wellsted.org.uk