[Wolves] any ideas - work in Nigeria?

kev adams kev at magicmoon.co.uk
Mon Jan 17 18:31:47 GMT 2005

Hi All

Just a quick mail to the list to see if anyone has any ideas that might help a
friend of mine.

She works for a charity based in Nigeria called  Amaudo that amongst other
things provides help & support to those with mental health & related
problems.  They've been incredibly successful at providing this service
within a local culture which shuns the mentally ill - obviously compounding
their problems.

They set up a project to provide I.T. training - in short supply in Nigeria &
it was a really useful side project to help them provide some of their own
funding.  A few PC's were bought, sent over & a network established by an
English VSO (voluntary service org) worker.  Unfortunately he's left now &
there is no one to take over.  The reason I thought of asking this list is
that the original network was set up running windows.  I'm sure a project
like this could be ideal to use free & open source software.  Does anyone on
the list know of any organisations that offer help to overseas charities in
this position.  Ideally they're looking for another volunteer worker to
continue to maintain & run the I.T. school - anyone fancy some time out in
Nigeria for a worthwhile cause?

If you have any info then they'd really appreciate it.

cheers
kev