[Wolves] Debian/iso help needed

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 10:32:29 GMT 2005

Hi All

I have purchased, yes paid money for it, VMware Workstation 4.
I would like to install Debian (woody) via VM however I have one or to
problems/questions.

1. I have the CDs at home is it possible to turn them back into iso images as
the documentation suggests this is the best format to install from?

2. Is it critical to name the iso images as set out on say the ftp sight what
I mean is when I burn an image of the disks will I have to give each image
the correct name, I don't want to get through disk 1 and find VM cannot find
the next disc.

3. if the above is not possible does anyone have the 9? images? if so can I
have a copy? I will reimburse you for any costs involved.

4. Has anyone any experience of loading Debian on a virtual machine? help/tips
would be appreciated.

I am studying for 101 & 102 exam, the books suggest having Debian on a virtual
machine although its not critical, its just some of the question and answer
sections are about Debian even though I intend to take 117-101-RPM this will
be good to have in my knowledge base.

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.