[Wolves] Ubuntu: Warty to Hoary?

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Mon Jan 24 16:58:38 GMT 2005

Jono Bacon wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>change your apt-source and let dist-upgrade do the
>>work
>

> This will only work in certain circumstances AFAIK. IF
> I were you, try it this way, and if this does not
> work, install warty and then upgrade.

I've upgraded from sid so sarge should be simple.  The packages are
still synced with sid every few days and then recompiled on conanical
machines so upgrades should work until hoary is frozen then things might
get out of sync.

>>xorg is currently in a mess for me so I am using
>>xfree86 for a couple of
>>weeks but ymmv
>

> Is this on a non x86 platform sparkes? It seems
> getting Xorg running on non x86 has been challenging.

Nah, this is x86, it was running well until a week or so back and now
the kernel, and xorg seem to be out of sync on my drivers.  It'll sort
itself out.  I can't recompile the kernel because I am helping debug a
problem with synapic/psmouse and certain hardware.  If I recompile and
the problem goes away someone with less clue might be landed with it.

>   Jono

sparkes