[Wolves] DVD's on Linux(LINUX to the rescue)

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 20:39:22 GMT 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:48:54 EST, Simmror at aol.com <Simmror at aol.com> wrote:

> Last Tuesday I tried to show a DVD I made in December to West Midlands
> Amateur Comupter Club WMACC that meets fortnightly in Stourbridge
> In Windows we had a conflict between Nero & Win media player both trying to
> play back at the same time.
> When I've tried to use Kaffine SUSE 9.1 an error message appeared to say
> something was not licenced but going to My Computer and double clicking the
> Video TS icon lo and behold it played sound and all first time since I
> installed SUSE in October 04
>
> Any comments
>
> Robert Simmons
> Old Newbie

As far as I am aware there shouldn't be any problem in playing back a
home produced DVD - not a commercial copy I hasten to add.  The
trouble is when it comes to playing back a perfectly legal commercial
DVD.  This is the problem I have had.  I'm downloading stuff now to
enable me to watch my own legally bought and paid for DVD's.  It's all
to do with copy protection on commercial DVD's.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street