[Wolves] DVD's on Linux(LINUX to the rescue)

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 11:46:19 GMT 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:05:30 +0000 (GMT), Mo Awkati <mawkati at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>  --- MatthewRevell.3247378 at bloglines.com wrote:
> > --- Mo wrote:
> >
> > > Email me off list
> >
> > Hey guys, why's all this DVD stuff
> > off list? If it's useful for helping people to run
> > Linux, surely it should
> > be on the list.
> >

> Its to do with licensing stuff :-)
>
> Mo

Mo's right Mathew.  The codecs needed to watch a DVD film on Linux are
legally licensed for use.  Despite being perfectly legal - I don't
have any rip off copies in my small DVD collection, they are poor
quality anyway - I cannot watch something like I Robot on my Linux
box.  It's a legal DVD that my wife bought for me at Xmas.  It all
ties in with the DRM stuff that quite frankly stinks.  Which is why I
was very cagey about my request in the first place.  This list is
public and I didn't want to cause even a hint of suspicion of illegal
activity.  That's not fair on the moderators.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street