[Wolves] Real audio stream ripper

Mike Peters mike at ice2o.com
Wed Jan 26 22:15:03 GMT 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:55:33 +0000
Andy Wootton <andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> >In a worst case, there is a Linux version of Real
> >Player at http://www.real.com/linux/ but I can
> >understand your unhappiness with having to use it. I
> >include it here just in case you find no other way or
> >playing the things.
> >

> Yeah, but no but - it has to be the right version or Real Player. I
> got it working once then the Beeb broke it by changing their
> streaming. I think I'm on 10 Gold.
> But do you know about https://helixcommunity.org/ ? "Final versions
> are available of the 100% open source Helix Player & RealPlayer 10 for
>
> Linux, with RealAudio & RealVideo 10 and MP3 support."

FWIW, the helix version is now the official RealPlayer for Linux and it
works really well, better than any previous versions from Real. I've
never had any problems with it so far.

--
Mike
Web Site: http://www.ice2o.com
JabberID: mpeters at jabber.org
Registered Linux User #247123

Those who educate children well are more to be honored than parents,
for these only gave life, those the art of living well.
		-- Aristotle