[Wolves] To all LUGgers.....

Paul Harrison milboromailings at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 28 17:04:58 GMT 2005

Helen Rose wrote:
|>1.  Tim  - will install Mandrake 10.1 - Beginner.
|>
|>2.  sparkes - Debian / Ubuntu / OpenBSD / LFS /
|>myown  ;-)  - been round the block
|>
|>3.  Ron - Gentoo / Ubuntu / SuSE - knew the block
|>when
|>it was a field.
|>
|>4.  Ade - Fedora / Ubuntu / Suse - erm, Bald [ we
|>  need locking! ]
|>

|>5.  Woo - Minix, Linux-FT, Red Hat, Fedora
|>(current), OpenBSD & Ubuntu(looking likely) Good at
|>installations. Early stage of conversion from VMS
|>to *x. Love the concepts & the Linux community; hate
|>  the syntax.
|>
|>6.  Pete C Fedora / Suse / White box (under
|>VMware)/and hopefully will take posession of Debian
|>on
|>DVD, tomorrow, £32.15 inc postage and packaging.
|>
|>7.  Simonb: Fedora 3/ ubuntu/ own linux as well as
|>freeBSD, IRIX, HP-UX. Brought into it 9yrs ago, got
|>voluntary position setting up HP-UX machines when
|>in>
|>yr10 of secondary school and compiled my first
|>kernel
|>in the days of the 2.2 kernel.
|>
|>8.  James - Fedora / Red Hat / ARMLinux (although
|>not very much the latter) - Not as experienced as
|>Ron
|>
|>9.  Baza - Ubuntu Linux geeky amateur
|>
|>10. Adam - Debian / Ubuntu. Skills are middling, I'm
|>very capable but there are a number of gaping holes.
|>Not as experienced as James
|>
|>11. Helen - Mandrake / Ubuntu (sort of) - very
|>amateur
|>
|>12. Mo SuSE-beginner-intermediate
|>
|>13. Kevan - SuSE 9.2/Madrake 10.1 (very little used
|>though) +I am ashamed to admit Win 2000 on the
|>family
|>PC.  I would calss myself as intermediate now
|>as I've been around the block and learned very
|>little.  I have had Corel Linux up and running in
|>the
|>past and been a beta tester for Xandros.  I just
|>love to use Linux  :-)
|>
|>14. Rob - SuSE 9.2 - experience: absolute beginner
|>but at least capable of tidying up long mail threads
|>  ;)
|>
|>15. David - Ubuntu / Sarge. Experience: Capable of
|>nearly anything, but lacking any C programming
|>skills.
|>  Started with RedHat 5.[02]{1} then moved
|>to Slackware in 97/98. Dabbled once with some *BSDs,
|>didn't think much of them. Part time Solaris9 admin
|>few years ago.
|>
|>16. Gary - SuSE 9.2 - Stared with suse 6.2 and tried
|>a few other distro's over the years, but I always
|>prefered SuSE. I'm no expert, but I can get by
|>with the help of google and this group.
|>
|>17. Fizz - Gentoo (debian, SuSE, *BSD) - Messed
|>around
|>with various linux/unix distros for about seven
|>years,
|>never found a perfect distro and always found linux
|>lot of hard work compared with 'other operating
|>systems ;)' on the desktop. Know my way around but
|>wouldn't claim to be an expert.

> [...]

20. Paul (milboro) - First try at Linux was Mdk 9.2 in July '03, then
~ SuSE (a week?), Xandros & now Ubuntu.  Still struggling, but I boot
into XP only when absolutely necessary these days

****

"I'm looking for that Francis Bacon, in-the-face, whoops factor in the
sound.  And I get it sometimes." - Scott Walker
~ milboromailings at blueyonder.co.uk - www.milboro.com -
www.snurl.com/allbran