[Wolves] The great marketing debate: Why URI?

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 29 21:03:42 GMT 2005

Ade wrote:

>So if I understand this, Woo was having a problem opening anything
>that started with http:// not having a problem with the URL
>http://tinyurl.com/6yfmp  ?

Nope. It works tonight so I guess there was a temporary problem at
tinyurl.com or my ISP's DNS. I waited for quite a while but nothing
happened. It was probably doing a round-robin time-out through 3 DNSs. I
had some weirdness with being unable to follow links from Google too,
possibly the same night

I hope I never have a problem with the whole web. I'd have to leave the
house and talk to normal people.

Woo