[Wolves] LUG wiki editing

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 13:01:54 GMT 2005

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:29:13 +0000, Rob Annable <rob.annable at gmail.com> wrote:
> A few days in to the new wiki address and we're getting spam already,
> I think the best thing to do is lock it down and provide you all the
> password for editing.

Blimey, you think one spam is bad.. check out the Hants LUG wiki
Recent Changes page..
http://www.hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?RecentChanges

We often get between 5 and 10 a day for a few days in a row.

I would strongy recommend you don't make it read only, it kinda
defeats the object of a wiki doing that. We have built up a list of
sites that spam us, and banned them. You might want this? I can email
you it and you can just paste it right into the banned page..

Cheers,
Al.