[Wolves] Re: Ebay perhaps...

roundyz roundyz at hotpop.com
Sun Jul 3 21:39:25 BST 2005

On Sunday 03 Jul 2005 20:46, wolves-request at mailman.lug.org.uk wrote:
> eBay perhaps?  Very good mobo, I have the GA7VAXP-A ultra and most
> stuff works on Linux.  Except for the two extra IDE channels screws
> things up if I use them :-(  There is something called IDEREVERSE but
> I have never got around to investigating it properly

Hey Kev,

I have extra ide channels on my kn8sx pro. was gonna use them to setup a
hardware raid 2X200GB in a striping array only(no backup). I currently use
software raid which thanks to anaconda was a peice of piss to setup and
performs well. So what exactly gets screwed up when you do? As it's taken a
very long time to get my computer to work the way I want it to so if you
could help me it would be great.

The GA7VA is a very good board.It has served me well. As has the processor.
They have both been running solid since I have had them.

I also have one slight problem with my creative sound blaster audigy 2
platinum pro break-out box. I cant seem to get the master volume nob to
control the master volume, or any other for that matter. To the left of this
is a smaller knob;mic volume. This works perfectly, I use it for skype. Also
I can't get the IR reciever to be recognised under FC and would like to use
it to exploit the volume controls on my system.

Does anyone have any knowledge when it comes to detecting hardware under
linux?

cheers in advance.

RoundyZ
Roundyz at hotpop.com