[Wolves] Bloody Ubuntu

Baza baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Jul 4 13:31:35 BST 2005

On 4 Jul 2005, at 10:57, Chris Ball wrote:

> Gah, Ubuntu has messed up with my Soundcard again, after the third
> install I
> still can't seem to get things working right. Not impressed at all.
>
> It's a shame too, because Ubuntu is really good at everything else.
>
> I'm going to give Sarge a try and wait for Breezy I think.
>
> _

I love Ubuntu, but 5.04 (Hoary) does suck in two main areas, these
are graphics if you have any computer using the Intel i810 or similar
chipset. Xorg just does not like these chips, pushing Hoary past
1024*768 can be done, but it's not fun. There is also a big problem
with sound on some setups. What annoying is that these were fine in
Warty.

baza