[Wolves] Re: Peter's attack on my fedora gripes as a distribution.....

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Tue Jul 5 16:31:28 BST 2005

On Tuesday 05 July 2005 14:52, roundyz wrote:

> No they don't you are right but installing them is easier for a fresh
> COMPUTER USER to do on windows than on linux.

Na, not if your new to computers coz ya wouldn't know any different you'd
think thats the way its done.

> Where would you ask if you was a fresh COMPUTER USER?

Um, Mr Google?

> 13year olds. yerh I'm sure. I can name over five people in my family who
> wouldn't be able to do it.One can't even hold the mouse and click at the
> same time. 13 years old, yerh, Computers are very much a part of thier
> generation. ask someone over 40, or 50.only computers they had growing up
> till the 80's was a watch.No cut and paste on that.

One of my telesales staff is 61 and she can do it, never used a computer until
she came here 2 years ago :P

> note the MANUALLY, not clicking on the jigsaw part.(the jigsaw install has
> never worked for me either, ever)

I'll come clean it only worked for me after FC2

Course your mum could do it, mums are great they can leap tall buildings at a
single bound, stop locomotives and make you feel like you're still 7 years
old.

> I never did, but red hat are know to do this as they favour gnome, its a
> common problem, honest.

OK you got me, up until FC3 I used KDE on Fedora but since then I've always
used Gnome but I'm sure I had the printers working under KDE in fact I was
moaning the other week that there was a scan feature that automatically found
printers but was now missing, I bet that was under KDE.

> These arnt phantom issues they are real. They are just gripes with fedora
> distros. We all got gripes.

Oh alright maybe not phantom in your own experiences but God loves a Fedora
user ;-)

> Dude my orinal post was about issues with fedora, about how as its
> distributed ain't so friendly. I damn sure hope this wasn't an attack on
> me....I wouldn't be too pleased. There also ain't no record to be set
> straight as all my points are valid and true.

You leave my lovely Fedora alone you horrid man ;-)

> BTW.....I aint a new user. I been using red hat since 5.2 (i still have the
> book that came with it!!).

Oops, I'll get me coat.

--
Regards