[Wolves] Software patents thrown out - lets party tonight!! :D

David Goodwin dg at clocksoft.com
Wed Jul 6 14:23:48 BST 2005

Jono Bacon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> So, the software patents bill has been thrown out, and we have a LUG
> meeting tonight. Aq just called me with the suggestion we celebrate in
> some way. So, what should we do?
>
> Everyone bring a drink, bring some cake, bring some crackers and we
> will toast to a brighter future. :D

Personally I think a lot of thanks are in order for the FFII, and all
the various people (a handful of which I've met/know) who've been
lobbying on our collective behalfs. If you've got any spare cash, they
deserve the donations.

Have I been blinkered, or have I somehow missed any efforts the FSF have
made against patents?

David.

--
David Goodwin