[Wolves] Re: Roundyz secret identity?

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 7 20:23:26 BST 2005

roundyz wrote:

>On Wednesday 06 Jul 2005 18:38, wolves-request at mailman.lug.org.uk wrote:
>

>>Larry & Roundyz,
>>
>>Come along to a LUG meeting some time. There is one tonight.

>>Woo
>>

>Hey woo,
>
>I've been to a meeting. There is lots of swearing. And lots of discussion.

Last night we were talking about why people come to one meeting and then
don't come back. Someone (James I think) asked what the name of the guy
who called a taxi and left because of his baby was. Would I be right in
thinking that was you? I don't think I talked to you at all because I
was up at the other end that night.

>Never like the introduce yourself section much, as I'm kinda shy....

Your posts don't give the impression of a shy person - "Fuck Linux
Format, Fuck W.H. Smith" because a CD was nicked off your magazine, for
example. I would have expected a serial killer, not a concerned father.
Electronic communication seems to offer enormous scope for reaching
misunderstandings.

I've been worried about the 'initiation ceremony'. I would have hated it
when I was young. I propose that the request to stand up is dropped. For
those of us uncomfortable with public speaking that makes things ten
times worse. Come again; you are only asked to do that once.

>Do they still do distro wars on lug radio?
>
>roundyz..

No. I think the official reason given was "because it was crap".

Woo