[Wolves] Well now its Realplayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 14:53:12 BST 2005

On 15/07/05, Bobby Singh <bs_wm at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed firefox in;
> /usr/bin/firefox/firefox-installer
> and realplayer in;
> /usr/bin/realplayer
>
> So sould i instal Realplayer in /usr/bin/firefox..
> Normally yo would create a link in the firefox
> plugins.
>
> Cheers
>
> Bobby
> --- Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 15/07/05, Bobby Singh <bs_wm at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > If you read my prevoius post abot adobe, i have a
> > > similar with realplayer.  I have it installed
> > coped
> > > the links in the compoments and plugins directory
> > in
> > > firefox and it complains about not able to find
> > > 'hxplay and realplayer in system path'.
> > > Now i ask is it worth updating everything and go
> > > throught the entire process of upgarding.  What
> > system
> > > path is it asking for to get this realplayer
> > enabled.
> > >

> > Stab in the dark here.  Have you actually installed
> > them through
> > Firefox as plug-ins?  It sounds as though Firefox is
> > expecting a
> > certain path to the plug-in but it's not there
> > because you have the
> > program installed into a different folder.  It can
> > be quite particular
> > :-)

My honest answer to that is that I really don't know.  Give it a try.
It will not hurt after all.  Did you let Firefox do the installing in
the first place?  Can it do so in Linux?  I know I must have installed
plug-ins in Firefox on my Linux tin but I really don't remember how.
So it must have been very straight forward.  Which is actually a very
good thing for Linux as a whole.
--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer