[Wolves] Pie Factory List

Andrew Lewis andrew at monkeysailor.co.uk
Mon Jul 18 22:28:54 BST 2005

James Turner wrote:

>On Monday 18 Jul 2005 20:30, Andy Wootton wrote:
>

>>Andrew Lewis wrote:
>>

>>>Wolves LUG (Operation Grill On a Spade) - Wed 20th July 2005 - 7.30pm
>>>Pie Factory, Tipton
>>>
>>>Go's:
>>>
>>>1. Jono
>>>2.  Kat
>>>3.  David
>>>4.  Aq.
>>>5.  Lee
>>>

>    6. James
>

>>>Late Go's:
>>>
>>>No Go's:
>>>1.  Splineboy - It's too bloody far! & There's no need to cut me off
>>>the list just 'cause I'm not goin! Bloomin cheek! ;p
>>>

>>2. Woo - I too have found out where Tipton is.
>>

>Flippin' heck! Anyone would think it was an obscure island in the South
>Pacific or something. It's only a few miles from Wolverhampton :)
>
>Regards,
>
>James

I realise you said that in fun, but.....

[rant]
It's a few miles on the opposite side of wolverhampton (and tipton) to
me, when I already have to go about 10 miles to get to wolverhampton and
I don't finish work until after 6.So I'll have to go home, shower,
change and get to the pie factory. I'll get there late to get a pie at
an overly high price and I'll have to buy all my drinks, too, and then
rush off early to the station so that I can get back to somewhere even
vaguely near where I live via a train and/or bus, ending the evening
with a taxi fare on top.

I think i said all this at the last bash - somewhere like tipton is fine
if you come from wolverhampton, because it is only a few miles out from
where you live - but people don't all live in wolverhampton, some of
them commute in because it is a convenient central point for those who
live in suburban and rural areas around the outskirts of wolves . If you
live in wolves and the meeting place changes, it's not a hassle because
you're at the centre of the action.  If you live outside wolverhampton
and the meeting place changes, then you will end up travelling up to 4x
as far as usual to go to a meeting. If I make the example of making
essington the centre of the action  moving the lugmeet to cannock, I'm
sure you'll see my point, because although it's only the same distance
from where I live, and would make no difference to me, it's in the
opposite direction to where you live, and you'll have to do exactly the
same thing as me: choose whether to  hike your arse across the urban
landscape to meet your mates, or stay at home p!55ing and whinging
about local geography.

[/rant]

Sorry.... I think the anger posessed me.

Ms