[Wolves] london bombs

Kelly, Martin Martinkelly at wlv.ac.uk
Fri Jul 22 00:51:48 BST 2005

Peter wrote below ( I Think)
> Eyewitnesses talk of a rucksack bursting into flames on the back of a
> 'coloured gentleman' (eyewitness words!) at the oval,
> followed by shouts of 'Get him'. Hope the little shit got beaten to
> death by passengers.

A witness has just stated that it was a white man carrying a rucksack.
 This is on BBC midday news.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

It's a good idea to remember, that while it's understandable people want some kind of retribution, one of the the reasons terrorists are planting bombs in public areas is to get exactly the kind of reaction some of you are displaying on this forum.  Staying cool under fire is what were supposed to be good at, and if we are to prise young impressionable muslims out of the hands of fanatics, ( they hardly give a shit about being kicked to death, if they've just come within a hairs breadth of blowing themselves up, a martyr either way), we need to get to the root causes of their disaffection, get to the manipulators who are convincing them to waste their young lives and show them a way forward so that we can all grow old together.
 To this end, it is not helpful, to talk about "feeding them pork scratchings", (the assumption being that the perpetrators are muslims, which is yet to be determined at this time) in a public forum, that is devoted to open source/ free software, that can be viewed by interested users of all creeds colours and countries. The equivalent act might be, members of the public pissing on the union jack because of some atrocity performed by a right wing organisation, it would certainly ruffle the feathers of many of us who are not involved in such shenanigans.
  Let the police do their job, they've done a good job in identifying the bombers from the atrocity from two weeks ago,
I am so glad there are no casualties on this occasion, the terrorists failed on this ocasion, lets not do their job for them.
Mart.