[Wolves] GPL discussion/thing

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 19:59:54 BST 2005

On 22/07/05, David Goodwin <dg at clocksoft.com> wrote:

> I believe the GPL allows you to sell any software licensed under it. If
> software is derived from the GPL it has to be licensed under a GPL
> compatible license......
>
> David.
> --

Maybe I have it wrong but I honestly did not think you were allowed to
sell GPL derived software.  That being the reason that Linux distro's
that are sold i.e. commercial ones like SuSE can only charge for
manuals, disks, packaging and support not for the software itself.
That is other than commercial software bundled with it.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street