[Wolves] Tiscali and Linux

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 26 22:00:13 BST 2005

--- Mo Awkati <mawkati at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> --- Adam Sweet <drinky76 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > You could drop the command into /etc/rc.local
> (might
> > be /etc/rc.d/rc.local or something similar
> depending
> > on where SuSE put it). It will get run at boot
> time
> > as
> > root.

Hi Folk

This is getting a bit critical and I really need some
help.Getting this pc working on a Linux will be a
major boost in the local community.

I have got the broadband modem installed on my
firend's PC. The only way I seem to be able to get it
to work is by starting a new root session and using a
shell screen and typing "startadsl" then broadband is
available to all users. How can I get it to work at
boot time?

Is it possible to put a link on the user's desktop
that will start the adsl connection? Yast don't seem
to be able to do, or I don't know how!

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Mo