[Wolves] NTL as an ISP?

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 1 20:30:59 BST 2005

Wayne Morris wrote:

> Bobby Singh wrote:
>
>> NTL service is not good, in fact very very poor.  They
>> don't give option of either ethernet or usb modem. They will send you
>> a usb.
>
> Slight correction - Blueyonder/telewest modem supports either USB or
> ethernet.
> At least the four I've had over the years have always had both options.

Thanks guys. The modem NTL are offering now sounds like the one Wayne
describes but I will be very careful to check so I appreciate the warning.

Is the service poor in the sense that it doesn't work, has lots of
breaks of service or that they employ monkees to answer the phone? I'm
not relying on help from any ISP to set up a Linux connection but I
don't want a flaky service or I'll be on-call every time one of them has
an assignment to hand in.

Cheers,
Woo