[Wolves] Wolveslug wiki

Rob Annable rob.annable at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 09:15:14 BST 2005

On 6/3/05, Old Dan <djones9960 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/3/05, Andy Wootton <andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > Old Dan wrote:
> >
> > >Um, guys...
> > >
> > >Bits of the wiki seem to have been invaded by some spamming link-bot
> > >(presumably from China or somewhere - the character set looks
> > >distinctly un-English)
> > >
> > >I know Zen and WindowZonely at least have been affected.
> > >

> > Although it's a pain it isn't as bad as it seems. You just find the last
> > good version, edit and save.
> >
> > Woo
>
> Yeah I've dun dat.  However Samba has been nuked and needs to be
> redone.  Unless someone kept a copy of course (or google cached it)
>
> --

It's true, we got nuked over the last few days and I've been too busy
to catch it. Big thanks to all those who've been helpng with the spam
correction lately.

I've locked it down for the moment, maybe for a day or two until I fix
the latest spam.

If anybody wants to correct stuff, the best way to do it (and it took
ages for me to realise this too) is to click on view other revisions
at the bottom and then 'compare' the latest against one that has no
spam. Then edit that one and just save it.

We've had some great anti-spam suggestions from fellow LUGgers who run
another wiki, but I haven't had time to implement it. I'll get to it
eventually, but if anyone wants to help....

Rob

--
http://rob.annable.co.uk