[Wolves] Whoope Sound

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Tue Jun 7 09:17:37 BST 2005

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 08:11, Tim Humpherson wrote:

> Hey, I'm glad your 9.3 works, with sound capability!  Glad you're
> pleased with it!

Yep, all in all I think Suse 9.3 is very very good which is praise comming
from me as my wife and work colleagues think I'm a miserable git ;-)

I have got a some flaky bits;

1. Knoda will only start from command line ??
2. Kwallet intergration with Kontact was (might still be) playing up.
3. I still don't seem to get any system mail, cron etc. (.forward is in roots
home dir)

Having said that I think its brilliant.

I think I might have mucked up my wine installation, I wanted to get Age of
Empires working under wine/linux. I saw there was a package called winetools
"Ah I wonder if thats some sort of graphical configuration" I thought so I
installed that followed the instructions which then said "Replace your
current wine setup?" like a fool I said 'yes'.

Anyway Age of Empires installed (I think) OK I have an entry in the start menu
when I click on it it looks like its gonna start but dies. I tried from
command line so that I could get the output but it was all double dutch to me
so when I have a spare five years (Dial-up) I'll look on wines site for some
answers.

> (All 3 OSes, I am still a learner!)

If you can get your webcam running your better than me! Andy and I tried to
get one going on my Fedora 3 but it wouldn't work :-(

--

Regards,
Peter Cannon.
peter at cannon-linux.co.uk