[Wolves] wiki

Rob Annable rob.annable at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 16:07:47 BST 2005

On 6/10/05, David Goodwin <david at codepoets.co.uk> wrote:

> Feeling charitable, I visited the wiki thinking I'd fix some of the
> broken pages on it - but I can't - it's read-only, and many of the pages
> on it are full of spam links.
>

> Can we somehow :
>
> - Allow someone like me to fix it

I've unlocked it. Get busy. I posted about this a few days ago, here's
what I said:

"...we got nuked over the last few days and I've been too busy
to catch it. Big thanks to all those who've been helpng with the spam
correction lately.

I've locked it down for the moment, maybe for a day or two until I fix
the latest spam.

If anybody wants to correct stuff, the best way to do it (and it took
ages for me to realise this too) is to click on view other revisions
at the bottom and then 'compare' the latest against one that has no
spam. Then edit that one and just save it.

We've had some great anti-spam suggestions from fellow LUGgers who run
another wiki, but I haven't had time to implement it. I'll get to it
eventually, but if anyone wants to help....

Rob"

> - Ditch it
> - Ditch it and start using it for http://www.wolveslug.org.uk (e.g. like
> hants lug)
> - Give up on the idea of using a wiki for anything Lug related

I don't really have the strength to answer these 3, except to say that
I suggested hosting it under the main address before I started it - it
was pointed out to me that it didn't matter because t'internet is all
about links innit. It's true, I agree. If you wanna move it just let
me know. Actually, it's been a popular month on my own site and I'm
getting short on bandwidth...

> David.
>
> #3 gives us the bonus of not relying on Jono to update the "next
> meeting" thing....
>
> p.s. See http://www.hants.lug.org.uk

p.s - I have. It rocks. It's their anti spam technique I was
referencing in my comments a few days ago. You fancy having a go at
implementing it?

> --
> David Goodwin
>
> [ david at codepoets dot co dot uk ]