[Wolves] simple network question please

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 11:33:30 BST 2005

On 25/06/05, Bobby Singh <bs_wm at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So you say i should put on the router firewall (which
> is off).  Keep my guarddog on and on the other
> computer put-up zone alarm.  (3 firewalls in other
> words).
> As a genral rule i thought you should not have
> multiple firewalls beacuse of conflict (no-show etc.).
> Or is that just applied to windows?
>
> Cheers
>
> Bob

I believe you are getting mixed up with anti virus software here.
Certainly in Windows (Microsoft as a whole) it's a very bad idea to
run more than one anti virus program at the same time.  Sweep with
one, turn it off then sweep with another is fine but not together.  I
wouldn't have thought it would hurt having two firewalls on the go.
Though, not on the same machine as again this would cause internal
headaches and let's face it, it doesn't take much for this to happen
with Microsoft stuff.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer