[Wolves] OT: 2 Live8 tickets possibly available - Hyde Park this Saturday 2nd July

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Tue Jun 28 10:53:03 BST 2005

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 10:23, Kevanf1 wrote:

> It had better be a flame thrower then because I agree with you, Peter.
>  Charities always sound very good.  But how much out of every pound
> actually goes to the end cause?  Not much.  The vast majority goes to
> the ones at the top running the charity.  Want to get rich?  Set up a
> charity.  I'd personally rather help out by giving my time or my
> labour to a charity than giving money.  Yes, I have given money in the
> past and will do in the future knowing full well that not much will
> get to the end cause.  That makes me sad.  But I've also given my
> time, a chunk of my life, that has, I hope been of some use to the end
> cause.

Its not intended as flame bait but I'm sure some moral sabers will be shaken
in my direction.

I know its a terrible thing to say but I'm a bit sick to death of Charity's
nearly every shop doorway in Walsall has someone collecting for something
outside it.

While I feel sorry for the people & animals they represent I just want to get
on with shopping its bad enough fighting the crowds without having a
collection boxes shoved up your nose every two minutes.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

"There is every excuse for not knowing,