[Wolves] OT: 2 Live8 tickets possibly available - Hyde Park this Saturday 2nd July

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Tue Jun 28 11:10:51 BST 2005

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 10:39, Alan Pope wrote:

> IMHO it seems somewhat immoral to be given a ticket to take part in
> such an event, only to sell that ticket on to the highest bidder for
> *personal* gain only. If the person was just giving them away then
> just give them to a mate or a friend at work/school/college, I'm sure
> it's not *that* hard to give them away. But in this circumstance the
> OP specifically said they wanted money, and there would be in effect a
> sealed bid auction to maximise the profits on the sale of the tickets.

You see you used the word 'given' but thats not true is it? you paid for it!
the text you sent cost money, OK some lucky sod may have sent one text which
cost, I don't know, £1.50? but you still paid for it all the same.

Now if Sir Bob or Live Aid had a list of names and addresses from last year of
people who donated and sent them tickets in the post as a thankyou for their
efforts last time around I would be 100% behind the argument of reselling
tickets.

> I have no problem with sealed bid auctions when applied to other
> material goods, and I see no reason to ban what the individual does
> (quashing your tenuous link with ID cards). I am just expressing the
> opinion in a public place that I think what the OP (and/or owner of
> ticket) is doing is rather distasteful. You and the OP clearly don't.
> We'll agree to differ on that point and leave it at that.

Hey thats what makes this country great Freedom of speech.

Personally I don't give a dam either way I just wish morale judges would think
of wider issues and similarity's before they passed kneejerk judgment

Moral blackmail is a terrible thing and ultimately this is what its all about,
if it was a charity football match and the tickets went on ebay sure there
would be one or two rumbles but no one would give a dam.

What I cant understand is whats the difference.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

"There is every excuse for not knowing,