[Wolves] Parallel to USB?

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 21:02:13 GMT 2005

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 01:16:14 +0000, Stuart Langridge <sil at kryogenix.org> wrote:
> Kevanf1 wrote:
> > Is it possible to use a convertor cable to hook up a USB printer to a
> > parallel port on a Pc or print server?  I've seen it done the other
> > way around but USB is faster than parallel and I'm wondering if it
> > would choke?  Any ideas?
>
> Might be easier to just buy a PCI card with some USB ports on it, if
> that option's open to you?
>
> Aq.

Cheers Woo and Stuart.  I don't have a shortage of USB ports - more
than enough in fact.  I just have the option of a three port -
parallel - print server.  I was thinking of putting all three of my
printers onto it.  I was given a nice HP laserjet 4L and I also have
an old Epson dot matrix that is fantastic for rough work.  Couple this
with the Epson Stylus that the kids tend to use most.  I can put the
Stylus - the only USB printer of course - onto a PC and just allow
sharing on it.  Hopefully there is a Linux driver in my SuSE tin....

Thanks again.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer