[Wolves] Fedora errors

Wayne Morris wayne at machx.co.uk
Sat Mar 12 16:10:47 GMT 2005

Got a couple of errors on FC3, any ideas?
Yum:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/yum" , line 6 in ?
   import yummain
File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py" , line 23 , in ?
   import yum

Have installed, removed several times with no change in the error message.

Trying to run system-config-<anything> (eg system-config-network)
ImportError: No module named rhpl.translate

I guess both are tied into Python, so I thought i'd remove python and
reinstall but this comes up with a never before seen error:
"You are about to do something potentially harmful.
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as I say!"

which is quite a cool warning, but doesn't get me any further.

Any ideas where to go from here? Its system-config-network and -samba
that I want working.

Cheers

Wayne