[Wolves] Ubuntu mysterious restarts

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 14:55:25 GMT 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:19:54 +0000, kev adams <kev at magicmoon.co.uk> wrote:
> On Monday 14 Mar 2005 17:41, Paul Harrison wrote:
> > David Goodwin wrote:
> > | I've not known memory to fail (wear out)... but it could be that
> >
> > perhaps
> >
> > | it was damaged (e.g. you've moved / removed it, and given it a static
> > | shock). Or of course, overheating.....
> >
> > I seem to be getting sporadic errors with memtest: individual sticks
> > have checked out OK, but a joint test has not.
>
> I've had trouble in the past with incompatible memory.  They might be fine
> individually but not compatible to work together.  Since then I've always
> tried to buy memory from the same source.  Obviously not always practical &
> difficult to be sure it'll be matched when you upgrade later on.
>
> Kev

It's always possible that the clock timings are different on the two
sticks.  This would cause trouble.  Anyway, thanks for the URL.  I've
got memtest myself now and have about a dozen memory modules to
test...... if they are any good they may well be offered on here.  But
don't get excited as I think they are all very low modules - 8 and
16mb ones.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer