[Wolves] Canon printers and Linux

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 11:36:56 GMT 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:02:50 +0000, Tim Humpherson
<tim.humpherson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Will the new Canon Bubble Jet i865 work under Linux?
>
> I have seen the reviews and none seems to mention that it will work
> under Linux.  I understand that if there isn't one, a generic printer
> driver is usually the norm to use, but I prefer PROPER driver for that
> specific printer.
>
> Anyone out there know the answer to this one?
>
> Regards,
>
> Tim

Canon do not support Linux.  Full stop.  It's always left to the Open
Source community to come up with drivers for Canon products.  So, I
would say go for the company that does support Linux natively.  The
companies like Canon might just get the message then ;-)

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street